For those who want authentic homemade-style pickles but just don't have it in you, look no further. Rick's picks is the answer. The Lower East Side (NYC) based company has a national cult following and yet their roots are still attentive to staying local and sustainable. Try the sliced bread and butter, they have a little zing with added ginger and are not too sweet.
Available by mail and at Greenmarkets.
- Wednesdays: Union Square Greenmarket, Union Square West Between 15th Street and 16th Street (year round)
- Saturdays: Union Square Greenmarket, Union Square West Between 15th Street and 16th Street (year round)
- Grand Army Plaza Greenmarket, Grand Army Plaza Brooklyn (year round)
- Brooklyn Flea, Bishop Laughlin High School 176 Lafayette Ave. Brooklyn, 10am - 5pm
- Sundays: Brooklyn Flea, 1 Hanson Place, at Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn, 10am - 5pm